Data Use Institute
The CityMatCH DaTA Institute was a team-based, nine-month training program promoting the translation of data to action.
Goals of the DaTA Institute were to:
- Increase individual and team knowledge, skills and attitudes on how to use data effectively
- Develop an MCH leadership team to influence how the organization(s) use(s) data
- Use data to influence policy and program decision-making and strengthen MCH practice within public health organizations
Through a combination of on-site learning, distance education, technical assistance, and coaching participants received training on data use skills in nine competency areas including: Scientific Thinking; Data Methods; Informatics; Political Strategy; Program and Outcome Monitoring; Assessment Strategy; Decision Making; Data Politics/Data Strategy; and, Planning and Needs Assessment. By participating in the training each team gained skills that were then able to be applied to a project of importance in their community.
- Tools and Trainings
- About Us
- Online Learning Center
- DaTA Quick Reference Guide
- Technical Assistance Request