Eligibility and How to Apply 2017
The CityMatCH extern must be driven, passionate, and willing to work in a team-oriented setting. The extern should come prepared to not only apply their MSPH knowledge and unique skillset, but also learn from the numerous projects and opportunities surrounding them.
The externship applicant should demonstrate these qualities through the application materials:
- Self-motivation and focus
- Ability to work as a team member
- Basic understanding of issues related to promoting equity, leadership, and/or science for improving Maternal and Child Health
- Basic understanding of their area(s) of interest within the field of Maternal and Child Health
How to Apply
- Review the required application materials.
- Review immunization requirements for participation in an internship/externship at UNMC. ALL selected participants must provide immunization documentation or have their physician sign off on the immunization form. Note: The Hepatitis B vaccination is a 3 dose series that can take up to 7 months to complete. You will be considered ineligible if you have not received the final dose by May.
Submit the following required application materials by February 17, 2017.
- A one page academic personal statement including long range goals, how you believe this experience will assist you in your career, and any prior relevant experience (e.g. academic and/or field experiences).
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Transcript(s) from colleges/universities you have attended (can be unofficial)
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation – at least one professional and one personal recommendation
For questions about the externship opportunity or the application, please contact Erin O. Schneider:
Erin O. Schneider, MSW
Director of Development and CQI
Please submit all materials to Janet Rogers via email at email@example.com OR
via mail to:
University of Nebraska Medical Center
982170 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-2170
- Tools and Trainings
- About Us