You are hereHome ›› CityMatCH Conference ›› 2016 CityMatCH Leadership & MCH Epidemiology Conference ›› Preconference Trainings
This year, AMCHP and CityMatCH will offer four two-day training options Sept. 12-13, 2016 for those wishing to build their skills in the areas of Medicaid claims analysis, data communication, spatial thinking, and evidence-based public health. In addition to the two-day trainings there is a half-day training Sept. 13.
Spots remain for the half-day training Sept. 13. The full-day trainings Sept. 12 and 13 are full.
The training application will remain open as long as spots are available. Apply today to ensure a spot!
Half-day Training (Sept. 13) Spots Remaining
Two-day Trainings (Sept. 12 & 13) FULL
Below is a brief summary of each two-day training. A detailed description, including learning objectives and MCH leadership competencies addressed, is available through the AMCHP website.
Option 1: Medicaid Claims Analysis for MCH Epidemiologists
Trainers: Kristin Rankin and Assistant Faculty
Ideal Participants: Epidemiologists, analysts, and data professionals with SAS skills seeking to use Medicaid claims data as a data source for MCH analyses. Note, a laptop with SAS installed is required for this training
Option 2: Multiple Methods for Communicating Data
Trainers: Laura Saponara, Glynis Shea, and Jennifer Lyons
Ideal Participants: Those who work with epidemiologic data – epidemiologists, data analysts, and program staff; particularly those who want to communicate program data and effectiveness
Option 3: Spatial Thinking and Decision Making in MCH
Trainers: Michael Kramer and Ilana Raskind
Ideal Participants: Public health professionals whose work involves routine engagement with the production, analysis, interpretation, or dissemination of quantitative MCH data, and a basic familiarity with mapping and use of spatially referenced data in public health.
Option 4: Evidence-Based Public Health
Trainers: Cynthia Minkovitz, Ellen Jones, and Anjali Deshpande
Ideal Participants: Anyone interested in implementing evidence-based practices at all levels of public health.
- Tools and Trainings
- About Us
- The 2017 CityMatCH MCH Leadership Conference & Healthy Start Convention
- 2016 CityMatCH Leadership & MCH Epidemiology Conference
- 2015 CityMatCH Annual Urban MCH Leadership Conference
- 2014 CityMatCH Leadership and MCH Epidemiology Conference
- 2013 CityMatCH Conference
- 2012 CityMatCH Conference
- 2011 CityMatCH Conference
- The 20th Anniversary CityMatCH Conference
- 2009 CityMatCH Conference
- 2008 CityMatCH Conference
- 2007 CityMatCH Conference
- 2006 CityMatCH Conference
- 2005 CityMatCH Conference
- 2004 CityMatCH Conference
- 2003 CityMatCH Conference